Along with the Drogheda Arts festival kicking off this coming weekend, we also have the Boyne 10K race taking place also!
Because of this, we thought it might be a nice way of getting people out and about with their cameras, especially our members!
The race kicks off at 15.00hrs (with a few society members running in it).
Events like these can be a great opportunity for budding photographers to practice some sports photography but also to capture some street photography along with the large crowds and events that encompass the race and arts festival.
The weather on the day is set for highs of 12 degrees, with low winds and no rain, so you should have the perfect opportunity to get some snaps.
Some locations for consideration:
- West Street – Start/Finish, Warm up area on the steps of St Peters Church, Samba Band, Largest Crowd
- Oldbridge/Water Station – half way mark, A real scenic location near the Obelisk Bridge
- Riverbank Estate – At the top of what is now known as heartbreak hill, approx 1000m constant uphill gradient, you can expect lots of drained joggers at ths point!
- Ramparts - The last kilometre, another scenic location with a backdrop of Drogheda
- Dominic Street/West Street – Last hill in the race and approx 300 metres from the finish line, lots of street festivities at this point
I’ve attached a few shots to this article to show some of the pics that I’ve managed to capture at recent events to give you some ideas along with the route map to help you select suitable locations